As adopted at the initial General Meeting held 1st December 2004. Amended by Special Resolution at the Annual General Meeting held on March 10th 2009 and verified at the Special General Meeting held on November 15th 2009. Both meetings held at Restaurant Castilla. Further amendments were made at the Annual General Meeting held at Restaurante Chumy & Mychu on 5th March 2017.
1. NAME 1. The club shall be called ‘Carp-R-Us’ Angling and Social Club (hereinafter referred to as ‘Carp-R-Us).
2. OBJECTIVES The objectives of Carp-R-Us shall be:
2.1 To offer membership to persons of all ages and all nationalities who are interested in participating in activities related to angling the club;
2.2 To organize angling venues throughout Spain;
2.3 To maintain a catch and return policy;
2.4 To maintain a clean bank policy and protect the environment to the best of our ability;
2.5 To organize throughout the year, social occasions, events and dinners;
2.6 To work with local authorities in promoting areas of safe angling;
2.7 To ensure that any angler fishing with Carp-R-Us is holding the required regional fishing licence for the venues being fished. To fish in any Carp-R-Us competition they must be federated in area being fished, if required (e.g. in Murcia). Fishing insurance is needed to obtain a Murcia licence for the members who wish to fish in that area but do not wish to be federated.
3. CARP-R-US FINANCES 3.1 Carp-R-Us is a non-profit making club; any monies raised through subscriptions, raffles, dinners and dances or by any other means, shall be paid into the Carp-R-Us bank account for the benefit of all members.
4. LEGAL STATUS 4.1 Carp-R-Us shall be registered as an Association with the Valencia and Alicante relevant government bodies and also as a Sports Association, CIF No. G54097407
5. MEMBERS 5.1 Membership shall be open to persons with an interest in angling in all forms, who are willing to contribute to the activities of Carp-R-Us on a reasonable basis, whether partaking or non-partaking in fishing and all activities.
5.2 Applications for membership shall only be accepted from persons the committee are satisfied fulfil these criteria. Plus, they must be certain that they will maintain the good name of Carp-R-Us at all times.
5.3 The committee may, at its discretion, cancel membership of any member who it considers is not maintaining the high standards required, who has not paid his or her membership fee by the required date, or who is deemed to be a disruptive influence to the general harmony of Carp-R-Us.
5.4 Membership of Carp-R-Us will be restricted to 100 full membership places; a waiting list will exist for those wishing to become members when a place becomes available.
5.5 Associate Members (partners of full members) may attend all club meetings and speak on any issue BUT they are not entitled to a right to vote.
6. MEMBERSHIP FEES 6.1 All members shall pay an annual membership fee covering the calendar year, from 1st January to the 31st December. Membership renewal should be paid by the first Sunday in February each year. Membership will be cancelled for any member who fails to pay their subscription in the 30-day grace period, unless notice has been given to the committee in writing.
6.2 The annual membership fee shall be 30€; any changes in the fees shall be decided by Ordinary Resolution at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
6.3 Membership fees will be reduced on a pro-rata basis when a member joins during the course of the year but only in the year of their first joining. No refunds will be made if a member resigns before the end of the clubs year.
7. OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE In accordance with Spanish Association Rules, there shall be three Honorary Officers of Carp-R-Us
Honorary President Honorary Secretary Honorary Treasurer
Plus two additional committee members: Honorary Angling Secretary Honorary Social Secretary
7.1 The officers and committee members shall be elected for a term of one year at the AGM. In the event that an officer or committee member resigns mid-term, the committee can appoint a replacement to serve that capacity until the next AGM, provided it is in the short term. In the event that a vacancy cannot be filled immediately, the committee as a whole can take responsibility for the position until a candidate is found, but there must be three different officers at all times for the club to continue.
7.2 No officer or committee member can hold more than one position on the committee, and only fully paid up members of Carp-R-Us are eligible to stand for these positions. Any member who is on the committee of any other angling club may not become an officer or committee member of Carp-R-Us because of a possible conflict of interests.
7.3 Any officer or committee member that breaks the Carp-R-Us constitution or Rules of the Club will be banned from Carp-R-Us for life.
7.4 The general management of Carp-R-Us shall be the responsibility of the committee.
7.5 Any special projects or events being planned by members, if not already a committee member, shall be automatically co-opted to the committee for the duration of such projects or event.
7.6 The committee shall meet as and when necessary, but in any event, not less than once a month. In the case of an emergency, the Honorary Secretary shall give members of the committee not less than five day’s notice of any extra proposed meeting.
7.7 Voting at committee meetings shall be by simple majority. In the event of a tie the President of the meeting shall cast the deciding vote.
7.8 The committee shall be a quorum when not less than two officers and one committee member are present. In the event that the Honorary President is unable to attend the Honorary Secretary shall chair the meeting.
8. CLUB MEETINGS 8.1 Carp-R-Us will meet at 11.00 a.m. at the nominated location on the third Sunday of each month, unless otherwise notified. If extra meetings are required for any reason, the Honorary Secretary will contact members by email, text message or in writing and put a notice on the club website giving not less than 14 days notice of any proposed meeting.
8.2 Voting on proposals put forward at these meetings is by simple majority. However, there must be at least 50% of the membership present at the time of the vote.
9. ACCOUNTS 9.1 Accounting periods shall be for a period of one year and coincide with the calendar year, 1st January to the 31st December, to conform with Spanish law.
9.2 The Honorary Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining clear and accurate books of accounts in which all items of income and expenditure shall be recorded, and shall maintain files containing all accounting vouchers adequately referenced for ease of examination.
9.3 The accounts must be taken in early December to be audited by a qualified Spanish registered accountant, proficient in Association accounts, in accordance with the Carp-R-Us registration. A certificate confirming that this has been done will be issued to Carp-R-Us prior to the AGM. Notification that this has been done and that the accounts are correct is also issued to the relevant Spanish authorities.
9.4 At the next AGM following the end of the accounting period the Honorary Treasurer shall present a Statement of Affairs, including a balance sheet as at the end of the accounting period and a statement of income and expenditure during the period.
10. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 10.1 The committee shall call an AGM every year, such a meeting to take place on the last Sunday of January each year.
10.2 The date, venue, agenda, resolutions and financial statement will be published on the club website and the Honorary Secretary will contact members by email, text message or in writing with this information not less than 28 days prior to the proposed date.:
10.3 The agenda for each AGM shall include:
Signing of the minutes of the previous year’s AGM;
Report by the Honorary President on the activities over the past year;
Report by the Honorary Treasurer on the financial activity over the past year and the current situation;
Consideration of the annual accounts presented by the Honorary treasurer, followed by a vote for an ordinary resolution to adopt such accounts;
Election of Officers for the coming year;
Consideration of any matters or resolutions submitted by the committee or members;
Forthcoming projects and events proposed by the committee or members;
Any other business
10.4 The AGM shall be a quorum when two officers and one committee member and not less than six other members are present.
10.5 In the event of the Honorary President is unable to attend, the meeting will be chaired by the Honorary Secretary.
11. RESOLUTIONS 11.1 Members wishing to vote for or against a resolution may do so by attending in person or by authorizing the President, in writing, to cast their vote in accordance with their wishes.
11.2 Any proposed amendments to this constitution shall require the passing of a Special Resolution at the AGM by a majority of not less than 75% of the members of Carp-R-Us including those voting by Presidents proxy.
11.3 All other matters shall be decided by way of an Ordinary Resolution adopted by a simple majority vote of members present or voting by Presidents proxy.
11.4 Any member wishing to have an Ordinary or Special Resolution voted upon at the AGM must submit the proposed resolution in writing to the Honorary Secretary not later than the first Sunday in December preceding the meeting. The Resolution must be signed by the member and a seconder.
12. SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING 12.1 In the event that an important matter arises that the committee feels should not be left until the next AGM, or if not less than five members give a written notice to the Honorary President or Honorary Secretary of their wishes for a Special General Meeting, the Honorary Secretary shall make arrangements to call a Special General Meeting. All members shall be given not less than 30 day’s notice of the date, time and venue of the meeting in a written notice that shall include the proposed agenda and any resolutions that are to be presented for a vote.
12.2 Quorum and voting rules for any such Special General Meeting shall be the same as would apply for an AGM.
13. GRIEVANVCES 13.1 Any member with a grievance may write to the Honorary Secretary who shall add the matter to the agenda for the next committee meeting. If the member so wishes he or she may attend the committee meeting for the duration of the grievance.
13.2 Any decision of the committee will be final.
5th March 2017
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.